TEAM VERSATILITY CHALLENGE – Saturday, July 13th, 2019
Team Versatility Starts right after the days Ranch Horse Challenge Event ends.
LONGHORN RANCH HORSE CHALLENGE (“LRHC”) 2019
1. Four competitors form a team. There must be at least 2 teams to make a CHALLENGE. The idea is that EACH MEMBER of the team be a competent rider in their chosen/appointed class: trail, roping, ranch cutting and agility. Riders may enter on multiple teams HOWEVER they may only ride ONE TIME in each specialty class.
2. The members of the team can come from ANY competitive level at the LRHC as long as the competitor feels safe and qualified to hold up their portion of the competition.
3. The team versatility is a TIMED EVENT in all classes; however GOOD HORSEMANSHIP must prevail and will be judged in all classes. Unsafe or erratic horse handling will be cause for DISMISSAL from the course. The judge’s word is final. The winning team will have scores in ALL FOUR classes at the event. NO EXCEPTIONS.
4. Some TRAIL OBSTACLES may be eliminated for this team challenge for safety concerns where speed is considered.
5. The TEAM having the highest points overall will be considered the winner and will be presented with the TEAM AWARD. First place is the ONLY award for this event. It is WINNER TAKE ALL.
6. Cost to compete: $75.00 per rider per team.
7. Create a team name. Teams may have matching shirts, hats, or other such items. Make it fun.
8. Riding equipment will be reviewed. No training equipment allowed. A rider may be disqualified on the basis of unsafe equipment by the course judge.
9. TEAMS entering the Team Versatility Challenge must compete in ALL 3 scheduled events. The lowest combined Team score of the 3 competitions will be dropped to determine the winner of the Team Challenge.
Registration & Schedule Details:
Dates: Saturdays — June 1st, June 22nd and July 13th .
Times: Team Versatility Starts right after the days Ranch Horse Challenge Event ends.
Contact: Call Greg Akehurst to register your team or if you have additional questions at (509) 856-8610.