The natural conclusion is that grass fed Texas Longhorn beef is healthier.
Nutritional Advantages of Grass Fed Texas Longhorn Beef
- Longhorn meat, on the average, contains 10% less saturated fat than that of other cattle. This puts lean Texas Longhorn on a par with skinned boneless white meat of chickens. Many dieticians may be surprised by that fact!
- Red meat has many nutrients including, protein, iron, and vitamin B-12.
- Texas Longhorn beef is the healthiest red meat and definitely is a heart healthy food. www.tlbaa.org.
Benefits of Crossing Grass Fed/Grass-Finished Longhorn Cows with Black Angus Bulls
- Has 1/2 the cholesterol and 1/3 the saturated fat of regular beef. Longhorn stats are the same as bison, elk, venison or the white meat of poultry.
- Researchers show that lean beef actually lowers your “bad” LDL cholesterol levels.
- Grass-fed beef is four times higher in Vitamin E.
- Meat from grass-fed animals has 2 to 4 times more Omega-3 fatty acids than meat from grain-fed animals. Omega-3’s are called “good fats” because they play a vital role in every cell and system in the body.
- Longhorn beef is a heart-healthy lean red meat that has been endorsed by the Texas Heart Institute as a “heart-healthy” red meat.
Grass fed Texas Longhorn meat is richer in certain “good fats” than feedlot beef. It has:
- Omega-3 – These fatty acids are essential to life and good health, Omega-3 fatty acids protect against disease and can treat illness.
- Beta-Carotene: A Natural antioxidant, immune system booster, and helps reduce the chance of heart disease and cancer. Your body turns Beta-Carotene into Vitamin A. Grass fed beef has more Beta-Carotene than cows sent to a feed lot. www.wholehealthmd.com.
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA): CLA is proven to increase metabolic rate, reduce abdominal fat, enhance muscle growth, and boost the immune system. As much as 500% more CLA is found in pasture fed beef than feed lot beef.
For more info, or to order call: (509) 925-3694, or order your Longhorn Cattle Company Grass Fed Beef Online Now!